Helix Blackfuse was the only goblin with the combination of engineering prowess, professionalism and ruthlessness to satisfy Garrosh in his search for the engineer of the True Horde. A mercenary at heart, Blackfuse’s love for his creations (and the gold the fetch) has forever linked his fate with that of his patron Warchief.
Below we have split Blackfuse’s abilities down into three different sections in order to try and make this fight easier to understand.
Boss Abilities – Siegecrafer Blackfuse
- Launch Sawblade – Siegecrafter Blackfuse launches a magnetized sawblade at a random player. The sawblade will hover in place until it is removed by an Activated electromagnet.
- Serrated Slash – Sawblades will inflict a very high amount of Physical damage to any players or Automated Shredders with which they come into contact, knocking back any affected players.
- Protective Frenzy – When one of his creations is destroyed, Siegecrafter Blackfuse enters a frenzy, increasing his attack speed by 100% for 10 seconds.
- Electrostatic Charge – Siegecrafter Blackfuse charges his target with static electricity, inflicting a high amount of Nature damage. Electrostatic charge also leaves a lingering effect increasing the damage taken from Electrostatic Charge by 100% increasing damage dealt to targets with Reactive Armor by 200%. This effect can stack up to 10 times.
- Automatic Repair Beam – Siegecrafter Blackfuse’s suit is fitted with an Automatic Repair Beam, which will detect any damaged Automated shredders within 35 yards, and heal them for a small percentage of their maximum health every 3 seconds
- Energized Defensive Matrix – If three weapons make it through the Assembly Line and into Blackfuse’s assembly machine, the machine will become overcharged and use the excess energy to power the defensive systems on Blackfuse’s suit, granting him 90% reduced damage for 20 seconds.
Boss Abilities – Automated Shredders
Siegecrafter Blackfuse will periodically call in automated Shredders to join the fight.
- Reactive Armor – Automated Shredders have been retrofitted with Reactive Armor, reducing damage taken by 80%. Automated Shredders can also be damaged by errated slash, Shockwave Missile, Detonate! and Superheated.
- Death From Above – The Automated Shredder propels itself into the air and then slams back into the ground, inflicting a very high amount of damage to players within 15 yards of the point of impact. After landing, the Shredder is stunned and takes 200% additional damage for 5 seconds.
- Overload – The Automated Shredder will periodically cast Overload, dealing a moderate amount of damage to players who are not currently on the conveyor belt, and increasing its damage dealt by 30%.
Boss Abilities – The Assembly Line
Periodically, Siegecrafter Blackfuse will initiate fabrication of a set of weapons on the assembly line in his workshop. Disassembled weapons are brought in via conveyor belts along the northwest side of his room. They then pass through an assembly machine on the northeast wall of his room. Finally, they emerge completed on conveyor belts along the southeast wall of his room, where they attack players. Players can use transport pipes to reach the conveyor belt along the northwest side of his room, where they can attack and destroy the disassembled weapons. After players destroy a weapon, the remaining weapons become shielded and cannot be damaged.
- Transport Pipes – Transport Pipes line the western edge of Siegecrafter Blackfuse’s workshop. Players can jump into these pipes to reach the conveyor belt along the northwest side of the workshop.
- Pattern Recognition – After using the transport pipes to reach the conveyor belt, the assembly line recognizes a player’s biological signature and will reject further attempts to use them for 1 minute.
- Matter Purification Beam – Matter Purification Beams line the platform, inflicting a high amount of Fire damage to any players that come into contact with them.
- Shockwave Missile Turret
- Shockwave Missile – The Shockwave Missile turret launches a drill-tipped Shockwave Missile into the ground, sending a barrage of drills that ripple out from the impact location and create rings of seismic energy. Each ring of seismic energy inflicts a high amount of Nature damage to all players caught within it.
- Laser Turret
- Superheated – The ground hit by a Laser Turret’s beam burns any players or Automated Shredders who step on it, inflicting a small amount of Fire damage every second for 7 seconds. This effect stacks every second that a player or Automated Shredder remains on Superheated ground, and can stack up to 20 times.
- Magnetic Crush – When activated, the electromagnet will begin to magnetically crush all players on the platform, inflicting a moderate amount of Physical damage each second and pulling them towards the electromagnet. The force of the electromagnet will also pull all Launch Sawblade on the platform towards it and off the platform, causing them to damage any players or Automated Shredders in the path of the blades.
- Crawler Mine – Assembled Crawler Mines leap down from the conveyor belt, fixating on a random player.
- Detonate! – When a Crawler Mine reaches its target it will self-destruct, inflicting a high amount of Fire damage to players within 300 yards and knocking them into the air.
- Break-in Period – Crawler mines are vulnerable to roots, snares and stuns for 1 minute after joining the battle.
- Ready to Go! – After their Break-in Period expires, Crawler Mines lose their vulnerability to stuns, roots and snares, and their speed increases.
At all times during this fight you want to make sure that you have got 1 tank on Siegecrafter Blackfuse and you have another tank on Automated Shredders, however if both Blackfuse and a Shredder is alive they should not be coming within 35 yards of each other at any point during the fight due to the Automatic Repair Beam ability that you will have to deal with. You must ensure that you are tank switching due to the Electrostatic Charge debuff. You should not worry too much about the Shredders as your tank should be able to do enough damage to them in order to kill them off in time before you have to perform a tank switch. If this is not the case then you will want to get your DPS to aid on killing the Shredders.
Whenever you kill one of the Shredders your current Blackfuse tank will have to use a cool down or one of your healers will have to use a cool down on the tank due to the damage that is going to be output from Protective Frenzy.
Your Shredder tank should also be aware of the Shredders Death From Above ability as this can cause a lot of damage to any player that gets hit by it. if your tank is struggling to kill the Shredder then they can also consider using some of the fights abilities against it, as they will deal damage to the shredder. These abilities are Serrated Slash, Superheated and also Magnetic Crush when it pulls the sawblades off the platform as these are able to damage the Shredders.
Boss Strategy – Conveyor Belts
Firstly due to the Pattern Recognition debuff you will want to set up two groups of 2 or 3 DPS players depending on how good your DPS is in order to go on the conveyor belts in a set rotation. You need to do this as new adds will spawn roughly every 40 seconds and because of the debuff, the same players are not able to go on the conveyor belt every time. Anyone that is on the conveyor belt will not take any damage, unless they are to be hit by the Matter Purification Beam.
When it comes down to which add you want to kill, it will be entirely based on what works best for your raid and what abilities you find easier to manage. The one thing we will suggest is that every now and then you will have to allow a Deactivated Electromagnet through the conveyor belt as the Magnetic Crush ability is really useful for removing the Sawblades from the platform and giving your raid more room to move about.
Boss Strategy – Siegecrafter Blackfuse
Throughout the fight the main ability that your raid is going to have to deal with is Launch Sawblade and the Sawblades that it will create. These can deal a high amount of damage and will take up a fair amount of room on the platform, and you will need this room during the fight in order to avoid abilities that are being cast at you from the conveyor belts. As previously mentioned you will want to allow Magnetic Crush to go off several times during the fight and when it does go off you will want to position yourselves in such a way so that no one is standing between the Electromagnet and the Sawblades it is going to pull in as they will hit you and deal very high amounts of damage.
Previously we spoke about Death From Above and tanks avoiding this ability, however your whole raid in general should watch out for this ability and if they are standing in the zone where it is going to land then they need to move away as soon as possible. As well as Death from Above, pleayer will also have to deal with the Overload that the Shredder will be casting throughout the fight. This damage can not be avoided, unless you are on the conveyor belt, and will just require your healers to heal through the damage that it is dealing to your raid. The longer a Shredder stays alive the harder its Overload ability is going to hit due to the 30% increase in damage every time it is cast. This should not be a massive issue as long as your tanks kill the Shredders in a decent amount of time and they do not go within 35 yards of Blackfuse and get healed by Automatic Repair Beam.
Another form of damage that your raid is going to have to avoid will be coming from the Activated Missile turrets and their Shockwave Missile ability. The damage that this can deal is very high and the Shockwave Missile ability could be one of the harder ones to deal with so we recommend that you try to avoid not killing this add on the conveyor belt. If however you do let the Turret through then you should always be aware of where the effects of the shock wave are on the floor and react accordingly to move out of them.
For the second time in this raid you are going to have to deal with Crawler Mines on a boss. If you let the Mines spawn and jump onto the platform then the players that get fixated by them must make sure they kite them around and keep them out of range of Blackfuse otherwise he will heal them with Automatic Repair Beam. You should be aware of how long is left on the Mines Break-in Period as using roots, stuns and snares can be really beneficial when it comes to killing the mines. When the mines are Ready to Go! you will want to kill them as soon as possible in order to reduce any risk of people getting killed by the damage they deal.
Finally you will have to be aware of the Activated Laser Turrets and in turn their Superheated ability. Players should keep an eye out on where they are able to move if they do get targeted by the beam and should make use of any space that the raid, in general, can not really make use of for moving from the Sawblades. Your tanks should also keep an eye out on this location as the beam will be able to deal damage to the Shredders if they happen to be hit by it or stand in the void zones that are left behind.